Ideas for Applications that should exist!
These are just some random thoughts for some applications/protocols that I would like to see come into existence, perhaps they will inspire someone else?
Android App Ideas
- Connect to PC for voice calls
Maybe with android someone will create a nifty PC application that will communicate over bluetooth to a cell phone and be able to answer and make cell phone calls using the cell phone from the PC. I should be able to dial my cell phone by clicking on a web page in my PC browser and use the speaker and microphone built into the PC so that I do not need to touch my cell phone as long as it is within bluetooth reach of my PC.
- Connect regular phone to PC
Allow me to then hook up ordinary house phones to my PC modem so that they can use my cell phone connection!
- Sync my Android contacts with an LDAP Server (over the net)
- Sync my Android calendar with an open calendaring protocol
Of course, that implies that I could find such a beast (open calendaring protocol)
- OpenIDHA - I started working on a proposal for an OpenID wrapper that could help make OpenID more available.
- Allow me to update contacts in an LDAP DB, or allow me to at least make it sync with some form of syncing software that could then store things in a common DB somewhere that other apps could sync with too (over the net).
- Sync it with a DB that other apps can use.
- Write an odbc and/or a jdbc server and driver for it.
- Ability to rotate through the existing sessions on a machine while attaching similarly to the way one can rotate through windows. An alternative would be to make hiearchichal windows/sessions.
Meta-Data Cut & Paste
- MIME - perhaps MIME could be used to enhance cut & paste.
Imagine browsing a web page which has various MIME type embedded in it. I should be able to easily select & copy a whole MIME "attachement" and paste it into other apps which understand it.